As promised, here’s another totally free fitness exercise program that you should REALLY try out!
The fitness exercise program encompasses a lot of the great information that I’ve learned from reading Eric Cressey’s material on http://www.ericcressey.com/ and from following a number of his training programs.
I’d recommend you check out Eric Cressey’s site, especially if you have shoulder issues and/or are interested in baseball pitching.
Ok, onto the free fitness exercise program!
100% free fitness exercise program
- Barbell back squats: 4 sets of 3 reps.
- DB reverse lunges from deficit: 4 sets of 8 reps.
- Resisted feet elevated press ups: 3 sets of 10 reps. (To add resistance, either use bands or ask a partner to press down on you whilst performing the press-ups).
- Pallof Press Iso Holds: 3 sets of 3 10 second holds (Google this exercise if unsure what it is/ how to do it).
- Bench Dumbbell rows: 3 sets of 10 reps each arm.
- Stir the pot: 4 sets of 8 seconds, both ways (Google this exercise if unsure what it is/ how to do it. Great exercise for improving core strength).
- Barbell flat bench press (use dumbbells if you have shoulder issues): 5 sets of 3 reps.
- Neutral grip pull-ups: 5 sets of 3 reps (add resistance bands or where a weighted back-pack to make the exercise more difficult).
- Walking dumbbell lunges: 4 sets of 6 reps both legs.
- Chest supported row: 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Side lying dumbbell or band extensions: 3 sets of 8 reps each side. Great exercise for strengthening the rotator cuffs and reducing shoulder pain.
- Ab wheel out: 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Dead-lifts: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Hamstring machine curls (lying or sitting): 3 sets of 6 reps
- Push press (use dumbbells if you have shoulder issues): 5 sets of 3 reps.
- Chin-ups: 3 sets of 5 reps.
- Alternating dumbbell bench press: 3 sets of 5 reps each side.
- Planks – 3 sets of 10 second hold on side, front & other side.
Notes for the fitness exercise program:
Rest: Take between 1 and 3 minutes rest between sets, depending on how long it takes for you to perform properly on your next set. This will vary with the different exercises. For instance, you may only need a one minute break between stir the pot sets but might need two to three minutes between your heavy dead-lifting or squatting sets.
Sets: Do as many warm-up sets as you need to reach a challenging weight for each exercise and then begin counting your sets from there i.e. If a set seems easy, put the weight up and only count the first set that seems challenging.
Tempo: Follow a 1000 count up to a 1000, 2000, 3000 count down. The key is to be explosive on the way up but steady and controlled on the way back down.
Foam rolling: Start each session with around 10 mins of foam rolling. I won’t detail a full set of foam rolling movements here but you can easily see demo videos on youtube and google etc.
Rest days: If you are trying to burn off excess fat, add in some HIIT sessions on the bike, rower or against the punch-bag on your off days. If you’re trying to purely build power and muscle mass, miss these sessions out but make sure to do some light exercise such as walking for 45 minutes on each of your off days to improve your recovery and limit muscle soreness.
Progressive overload: As I keep saying in these newsletters, you can’t just lift the same weights session after session, you need to try and push yourself to improve! Try to add some weight to the exercises each week, whilst maintaining good form. You won’t succeed in adding weight each session but, if you take this approach, you should improve on most if not all of the exercises by the end of the six week cycle.
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me an email via the contact page or post a comment at the bottom of this page.
Also, if you haven’t already done so make sure to download your free copy of BONUS POWER WORKOUTS! The e-Book contains a number of other workouts you can use to buld muscle, strength and power and to burn off excess body-fat.
Speak to you soon.
All the best,
Download your free eBook NOW!
Become stronger, leaner, more muscular and injury-proof now!
Buy the ‘Testosterone Restoration Handbook’
Brand new MHF e-Book TESTOSTERONE RESTORATION HANDBOOK is released!
Read on your preferred device; available in mobi, epub and pdf formats!
Affiliate Disclosure Badge
Buy Premium Tongkat Ali Root Extract!
Best selling natural testosterone enhancer!
* Boosts libido
* Improves sex
* Pumps strength
Buy Alpha Plus!
Alpha Plus is powerful, natural hormone enhancer!
* Increase total and free testosterone levels
* Control estrogen and prolactin
* Increase DHT whilst avoiding the side effects!
Donate to this site!
Maintenance of this site takes time and costs money. Donate to help keep all content free!
- About Ed Clements
- Complete Nutrition Reviews
- Contact Page
- Hypothyroid Diet
- Low Testosterone Symptoms
- Nutrition Articles
- Online Library
- Questions And Answers
- Raising Testosterone Levels
- Strength Training Programs
- Super Supplements
- Women's Health And Fitness